12-20-18 (Houston, TX) -- Five employees are charged for their connection with the fatal accident where a 19YO Hernandez allegedly caused the crash that killed Phillips, 23 Monday morning.
TABC and the Harris County District Attorney's Office are conducting the investigation that has so far, led to revealing new details about the minor consuming liquor shots at the Frontera Events Venue on Houston Boulevard.
Frontera employees charged with Class A misdemeanor liquor violations include:
- Jazely Marie Barrera, 21, charged with sale of alcoholic beverage to a minor
- Joaquin Gonzalez, 21, charged with making alcoholic beverage available to a minor
- Mildred "Milly" Garcia, 21, charged with making alcoholic beverage available to a minor
- Gustavo Tejada-Garcia, 28, charged with possession of an unauthorized beverage-retailer
- Anna Evelyn Lula, 19, charged with making alcoholic beverage available to a minor
12-18-18 (Houston, TX) -- Police are identifying a young mother who was killed in a DWI crash Monday morning.
Taylor Phillips , died when her SUV was hit head-on by a pickup truck on the Gulf Freeway near College Avenue. Phillips's one-year-old child and 48-year-old mother were injured in the crash were taken to an area hospital and are expected to recover.
Taylor Phillips, (above).
The driver of the pickup, 19-year-old Erick Hernandez (below), is charged with intoxication manslaughter. He reportedly spent hours at a bar about a mile from the crash site, even though he's below the legal drinking age.
Erick Hernandez, 19 (above).