Severe thunderstorms are every other day this time of the month and your home state is trying to get you prepared. Texas have designed the weekend of April 22nd through the 24th as a sales tax-free holiday.
There is no limit on the number of qualifying items a person can purchase, including:
- Batteries, fuel containers and flashlights priced at less than $75
- Hurricane shutters and emergency ladders priced at less than $300
- Portable generators priced at less than $3,000.
Some purchases will not qualify for the tax holiday, including:
- Batteries for automobiles, boats and other motorized vehicles;
- Camping stoves and camping supplies
- Extension ladders and stepladders
“Unfortunately, we can’t predict when the next fire, flood or tornado may strike,” Texas Comptroller Glenn Hegar said in a prepared statement. “But we can be prepared, and this tax holiday helps Texans save money while stocking up for emergency situations before they happen."
Get full list of supplies : https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/publications/98-1017.php