A Katy family is safe after escaping a raging overnight blaze that gnawed through their Silvermill-area home.
Crews from Westlake and Cy-Fair fire departments rushed to the burning one-story home near Lazy Valley and Deermoss just after 1 a.m. Sunday to find flames shooting through the roof.
The blaze started in the attic and set off a smoke alarm, which woke up the family of four in time to escape the inferno.
None of the residents were injured, though one firefighter was hospitalized with a foot injury and the home was heavily damaged.
The Harris County Fire Marshal Office is investigating what sparked the fire.
From THE CHRON.